How is MyDailyApple Different?
There are many choices for health information on the web today. Here are four reasons that make MyDailyApple a great choice.
- It's information that really matters to you
- When you sign up for MyDailyApple, you create a 'health profile' that describes your health conditions, treatments, and interests. From that point forward, all the information you get from MyDailyApple is driven by your health profile. Your personalized news feed consists of those articles that are most relevant to your health, and that fellow patients and health experts find the most useful. And your health profile is used to increase the relevance of the answers that you get from the MyDailyApple search engine.
- It's trustworthy
- MyDailyApple only includes trusted, reliable sources of medical information. We don't include web sites that are trying to sell you something, or hype a treatment, or push a political agenda. The quality of the information on MyDailyApple is ensured by our Chief Medical Officer Dr Rishi Sikka, working in collaboration with our many health advocacy partners.
- It's private
- We don't require any personal information that could be used to identify you, and we encourage you to use an anonymous screen name on MyDailyApple. Because MyDailyApple is a Google Health Integrated Service, you can choose to store your health profile in Google and synchronize it to MyDailyApple.
- It's collaborative
- While most MyDailyApple users are anonymous, there is a powerful community operating behind the scenes. Information that our users find useful is recommended in the future, and we encourage our many health experts to contribute thoughtful recommendations and warnings about health news articles and blogs, and to provide guided answers to health questions when the search engine doesn't meet your needs.
MyDailyApple collects health-related news, blogs, and discussions from around the web. You provide a brief profile that describes the health and medical topics which interest you. MyDailyApple then examines the content of each article, elements of your health profile, and the level of user activity and interest in each article to select the content that is likely to be most interesting to you, and delivers it directly to you.
- How is news delivered?
- Our objective is to deliver news to you in whatever way you find most convenient. You can visit our web site periodically and find your news there. Or you can ask us to deliver you the articles by email on a daily or weekly schedule. If you use iGoogle, we have a MyDailyApple gadget. If you use a feed reader like Google Reader, you can get your news as an RSS feed. Please let us know at firstname.lastname@example.org if there's yet another way you'd like to get your news.
- I'd like to find news for my friends and family.
- You can create as many health profiles as you'd like. Give each profile a name that will identify it to you, and fill it out appropriately. Soon you'll start getting articles that match the new profiles.
- I'm concerned about the privacy of my health information.
- We understand completely. Your health profiles will be not be shared with third parties or displayed to other users. You don't have to enter your real name anywhere in the site, and we don't ask for personally identifying information other than an email address (so we can confirm your registration and send content to you). If you have specific questions about privacy, please ask us at email@example.com.
- I'd like to suggest a new news source, blog, or discussion group.
- Send a note to firstname.lastname@example.org and we will be sure to add it to our system if the content is appropriate.